Very good news for you all that Institute Of Banking Personnel (IBPS) has released the notification regarding the recruitment of Probationary Officer (PO) in different participating banks. Aspirants were eagerly waiting for this notification be out and finally it out.
Let’s check the details here:
The tentative schedule of events is as follows:
Activity Tentative Dates On-line registration including Edit/Modification of Application by candidates : 07.08.2019 to 28.08.2019
Payment of Application Fees/Intimation Charges (Online) : 07.08.2019 to 28.08.2019
Download of call letters for Pre- Exam Training : September 2019
Conduct of Pre-Exam Training : 23.09.2019 to 28.09.2019
Download of call letters for Online examination – Preliminary October 2019 2
Online Examination – Preliminary : 12.10.2019, 13.10.2019, 19.10.2019 and 20.10.2019
Result of Online exam – Preliminary : October/ November 2019
Download of Call letter for Online exam – Main : November 2019
Online Examination – Main : 30.11.2019
Declaration of Result – Main : December 2019
Download of call letters for interview : January 2020
Conduct of interview : January / February 2020
Provisional Allotment : April 2020
IBPS PO 2019 Vacancies
IBPS has released a total of 4,336 Probationary Officers vacancies in 9 participating banks. Aspirants can check the category-wise vacancies below:
IBPS PO 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Aspirants must ensure that they fulfil the minimum eligibility criteria determined by IBPS before registering for the banking exam. The basic eligibility regarding nationality, educational Qualification and age is mentioned below:
To appear for IBPS PO 2019, a candidate must be any of the following:
- Citizen of India
- Subject of Nepal or Bhutan
- Tibetan refugee who is permanently settled in India prior to January 1, 1962
- Person of Indian origin who has migrated from either Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Burma, Vietnam, Ethiopia, Kenya, Malawi, Tanzania, Zaire, or Zambia with the intention of residing in India permanently.
- A graduate degree or equivalent in any discipline from a recognized university.
- The degree/ marksheet should be dated earlier than August 28, 2019.
- General category applicants’ age should be more than 20 years but less than 30 years as on August 1, 2019.
- There is an age relaxation provision for various reserved categories as per government of India’s reservation norms.
IBPS PO Prelims Exam 2019
The prelims exam is conducted in online mode. One mark will be awarded for each right answer and 0.25 marks will be deducted against each wrong answer. Section-wise paper pattern is given below:
|Name of Sections||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Medium of Exam||Duration|
|Quantitative Aptitude||35||35||English and Hindi||20 minutes|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
IBPS PO Main Exam 2019
IBPS PO Main exam includes an objective and a descriptive paper. Descriptive paper will be examined only when objective paper is qualified. Main Paper Pattern is given below in detail:
|Number of Sections (Not by Sequence)||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Medium of Exam||Duration|
|English Language||35||40||English||40 minutes|
|Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||60||English and Hindi||45 minutes|
|General/Economy/Banking Awareness||40||40||35 minutes|
|Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 minutes|
|English Language (Letter Writing and Essay)||2||25||English||30 minutes|
IBPS PO Pre-Exam Training
- It is a special training program organized by the Nodal Banks/ IBPS PO participating banks before the exam for the candidates belonging to SC/ ST/ Religious Minority Communities.
- It will be held from September 23 – 28, 2019, candidates can avail this facility while filling the application form of IBPS PO.
- The IBPS PO Pre-exam training is free of cost.
- Here, candidates are introduced to the exam pattern and are given helpful tips & tricks by the experts.
- This training also makes the candidates aware of IBPS PO Recruitment Process.
|Commencement of on-line registration of application||07/08/2019|
|Closure of registration of application||28/08/2019|
|Closure for editing application details||28/08/2019|
|Last date for printing your application||12/09/2019|
|Online Fee Payment||07/08/2019 to 28/08/2019|